This is a writers haven, or nest if you will

Monday, June 2, 2008

Hardwood Hatred

The house if filled with the stuff, renovations simply make it more and more plentiful. I know not liking hardwood flooring seems foolish but its me. I've never really liked the stuff, I'm a carpet man. Its more that the wooden floors seem less comfortable to me or something, its more than even physical I feel at edge when I stand on the stuff, weird huh? It must be the fact of how cold it gets, that must be what throws the feeling at me like I'm standing naked in a crowd. It kills me in how irrational it is but why not, eh? Isn't it just human to feel insane in your fears, doesn't it make you feel stronger in knowing you are weaker, more normal.... me neither :P

It bites at my thoughts maniacally whispering mocking remarks at the idiocy of such a fear... well not fear but... discomfort.

Theres only a few rooms left with carpet now, the living room and the hall, I stay there as much as I can but... i gotta go back to my room sometime, and yet the only comfort i can find is when my feet are off the floor. Am I going crazy? O.o

4 comments:

Poet In The Jar said...

You are suffering from floor-o-phobia ;D

Ryan said...

hahahahaha, I'm a weirdo I know:P

Alev said...

Hahaha! Floor-o-phobia... LOL!

Don't worry, you are not the only one who is scared of strange things... I'm a person that believes in ghosts but still defends science and mocks the ideal of a God. :D

Poet In The Jar said...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but why would the existence of ghosts require the existence of God, or the non-existence of science? :P