This is a writers haven, or nest if you will

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Surprise, Surprise, unpleasant surprises

Surgery is now next Tuesday's ordeal. Tomorrow is the pre-op (the point in time when I figure out whats gonna be done in detail). And I'm both excited and nervous. I need to get my editing done ASAP or else I wont get my story in for the magazine, but my weekend is full and I'm being dragged away whenever I start it.... also i'm worried about the length... it seems like it might be too long for a magazine, i'm starting to wonder whether i should make a shorter story, a different one... i started the story just in case while i was at school in a fury of worry... uhh! Too much happening at one time!

And now (as Becca should know) i'm feeling worried for a good friend, I might not even be there for him. Fucksakes, I'm in deep now.

5 comments:

Poet In The Jar said...

Oh, ryan! How much bad luck can you have in such a short time? It's great that you'll get your surgery, but the timing's so off that it's incredible...

About the story... I thought it was the thesaurus story the magazine was interested in? I can see exactly how you are thinking, and if I were you, I'd stick to the original story, and edit it slightly maybe in order for it to fit in. I'm guessing your subconscious is going "oh my... I might get to be in a magazine... is this story really good enough? Shouldn't I do something different and new and just perfect?"

But going down that line of thought is literary suicide. You can't sit down and expect your fingers to simply produce a story that's as perfect as you'd want it, and especially not in such a short time. Besides, I know you've really believed in your other story and I'm sure you'd like to follow it to the end, and get some kind of closure.

Correct me if I'm wrong :)

Ryan said...

i agree but i have a solid idea for the shorter story and it doesn't need to be perfect just short...

Alev said...

The big day is today! :O I wish you all the luck in the world!! I'm there for you, don't ever forget about that! *crossing fingers*

:)

Poet In The Jar said...

I'm here as well! Me and Alev are forming a big and great brick wall to keep all the bad stuff out. They will have to fight us first! =D

Good luck, once again! <3

Ryan said...

thanks guys!! I think you really did help :D