This is a writers haven, or nest if you will

Monday, February 4, 2008

Vampuric incentive

I was thinking about The Contest, the one stated in the previous post. I had just finished Stephen King's 'Salem's Lot and was exceedingly intrigued in the idea of vampires, as I had been for so long. So I got to thinking and after a long debate with myself I decided that I'd write a Vampire shortstory to enter!

I've already got some ideas worked out. The story centers around a younger Vampire (only a several of decades as such a creature). He works as a school teacher and keeps his classroom comfortably dark, with drapes pulled over the windows, halting sunlight. He wears heavy, winter clothes in every season to keep the sun off him and drives in a car with tinted windows. Everyone knows of his intolerance to sunlight, he even has a maid at his home who takes care of certain chores if h insists against going into the light. He blames his symptoms on a disease called Porphyria go on answers.com if your curious about it. He warns his students that opening the blinds would kill him, and to deter them from doing so he explains with terrible detail what would happen if they did so.

He kills a child who, while in detention, opens a window to try and escape, this weaves a web of trouble for him as he goes to attend the funeral and the mother invites him for dinner... he cant eat normal food so he's in deep trouble after agreeing, infatuated with her beauty, even in pregnancy. The rest you'll have to read later, when i post it here after the contest is over :D

5 comments:

Alev said...

Wow, it sounds really interesting. Good luck at the contest. :)

Ryan said...

Thanks Alev, can I send it to you when its typed and you give me some critique?

Poet In The Jar said...

Wow!
You always got your ideas figured out so well. I just write away and with a bit of luck, everything fits nicely in the end :D I'm impressed by that.

Also offering my services for criticising, I'd love to read your story! =)

Alev said...

Sure! I'd be honored to. :D Thanks. :)

Ryan said...

okie dokie, I'll send the story to both of your MSN emails when its completed, also I have to say that me and you(Becca)have to get talking soon, I have a couple of prying questions about the story we're going to write together.