This is a writers haven, or nest if you will

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Vampires, maybe a novel

While I'm still working on my fantasy novel I'm thinking of a more endearing project.... For me the luster of fantasy writing has fallen through the cracks I'm actually bored with the idea of trying to make up things.. make up a world... make up EVERYTHING alone. There are no rules in fantasy and in some strange way its more restricting than I could have ever thought... I may throw away the idea, or simply save it for later but now... I need something darker, something dingier. I need Vampires.

To Becca I'm not giving up on our co-writing expedition, simply putting it aside until we have time to write it together. I dont wanna be going too far ahead and I'm starting to reach that point.

I've gotten the taste of writing a vampire story and it feels right, Fantasy never made so much sense as this, I had to continue.

About my idea: When the contest is over I believe I may recycle the characters and use them in a novel, to Alev and Becca I'm going to tell you that Miranda survives..... You'll have to read to understand. I'm doing it in a different form than usual, in a compilation of stories from three different characters, two are vampires, the other is Miranda. I may also add other important elements as I go but its still in the thinking stages right now. I'm thinking that Miranda's ex-husband who made her pregnant blusters into her home in fury that he wasn't told about his son's death, only to find her convulsing on the ground choking out gargled phrases impossible to understand, he calls an ambulance and gets her to throw up the pills.... I'm unsure of what happens with Mr. Woden but when her Ex gets there he's long gone, I want him alive and hiring the help of her dead son.

When Miranda is asked about what happened she leaves out Alexander and simply tells them she lost two children and she wanted to die....... within her mind though she thirsts for revenge that she cant retrieve until she's free from the hospital and before she leaves Woden finds her, tries to off(kill) her but somehow she survives, the other characters are a secret... :)

5 comments:

Alev said...

WOW! It sounds great! Can't wait to read it! :)

Ryan said...

I cant wait to write it!! :)

Also I'm gonna reveal a couple more tidbits later on, be watchfil

Poet In The Jar said...

Well, don't worry about our project, time will come for that. :) Having read your story by now I gotta say you put all your ideas to good use. It was really good. How did the contest go? You know anything yet?

Ryan said...

nothing yet, waiting 'til march

Poet In The Jar said...

Well, you gotta tell us when you find out :)