This is a writers haven, or nest if you will

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Rid of You

I hate you at this moment
Though I've loved you all too long.
How can things that feel so right
Be thrown away and wrong.

You've gone on as I would not
Swimming in white lies
Trying not to tell what black or gray
until you live to die.

We stepped into a heartbreak
From one simple, fatal glance
Now all I can remember
Is the ending of our dance

Hold your heart out further
For all the world to see
I'm lonely now, I'm rid of you
As you are rid of me.

4 comments:

Alev said...

Wow, that's deep. A great poem, great job! :)

Ryan said...

Thank Alev, I was sorta worried about this one, been a long time since I wrote poetry

Poet In The Jar said...

You should not have such doubts about your poetry skills. You develop further with every poem you write and considering you started off pretty high, that's good praise. I like this poem, it's absolutely the kind I enjoy the most. Title rocks and so does the lines! Keep up the good work, raves. =)

Ryan said...

:D thanks Becca