This is a writers haven, or nest if you will

Monday, September 29, 2008

As it is

I made a joke today
That the world was perfect as it was
and nobody knew the difference.

I just forgot it
It was just fine
As it was.

Being sarcastic today
when i said that everything was fine
but you smiled, and agreed.

So I left it
As it was

I was kidding today,
told you nothing bad could happen
and you kissed me..

But that was a lie?
So I left it
As it was.

My friend was dying today
I told him he'd be fine, he'd push through.
But he died.

I never said goodbye.
How can i leave it,
As it is?

5 comments:

Alev said...

Wooooow.. This is.. like.. brilliant! It's going into my favorites. :D

Ryan said...

:) thanks :P


This is DEFINITELY one of my favorites too :)

Poet In The Jar said...

:o
Didn't I drop a comment on this one?
Weird, maybe I just thought I did :D

Either way! Looooove this *blushes* it's beyond fucking great. It's really your best ever, so far. It's so dark but just so emotional and just so... full of thought. Can't say anything but, thumbs up. =)

Ryan said...

:)

Thanks so much.. kinda sad tho that though its incredibly deep i didn't think about that until i was finished hahaa

Ayan said...

Ryan, this poem was amazing!! This is definitely one of your best works... so deep,totally awesome!! :)