This is a writers haven, or nest if you will

Monday, May 12, 2008

Handichips

My teacher loves the idea of what will happen and what has already happened in technology, and I thought I might just share the one that surprised me the very most.

There are scientists studying a microchip to put in your hands. It'll work as a key for your house, a bank card, a key to your car, a way for the cops to track criminals and all that jazz but then again you'd loose all your privacy. Its possible for your parents to track your location and you'll never feel the embrace of privacy again, its even spoken about that it may be implanted at birth so you have no real choice..... is this a continuation of technology or a backfire of human ignorance we shall see....

5 comments:

Poet In The Jar said...

I both think it's a splendid idea, and that it's not. I'm not one of those people who can't stand the idea of having their "integrity" taken away from them - as if medias and trends didn't already do that - but I wouldn't really like to be totally under control. Maybe if you could choose when the chip was on or not, or something...? and only you could control it with like your fingerprint? :S

Ryan said...

Yeah... but sadly our children and grandchildren will probably be chipped without choice before they've been brought home from the hospital... I hate that idea, the loss of humanity is found within those chips... we'll be under full control and I hate that thought... talk about loss of freedom

Poet In The Jar said...

yeah... it rings a bell to "1984" :D

Alev said...

It both rocks and sucks... It would be great to have everyone under control at bad actions but a great big damage to the privacy... I would pass sth like that. :/

Ryan said...

personally if they chipped me, I'd cut it out... Imagine what would happen if somebody took your chip, it'd be like stealing your whole life. It'd be a freedom for a criminal, its foolish to believe those chips would help us more than harm us as a race.