This is a writers haven, or nest if you will

Sunday, May 25, 2008

The Fall of an Angel

Born a cherub angel
A smile to brighten the sky.
Lying in loving arms
as life dances by.
Nothing ran away
it chased me by my tail.
Then and there was my way

...But no more

Taught a noble Seraphim
knowing right and wrong.
Fighting all the evils
for much more than too long.
Everything lying at my feet
never bothered with work.
Once upon a time that was my seat

...But no more

Now I am as Lucifer
fallen from the graces.
Too lost among my own ideals
to bother with others places.
I have only what I strove to find
and indeed nothing other.
Though all, to me, are sweet and kind

...not for long

2 comments:

Poet In The Jar said...

How depressing... the "but no more" part that keeps coming back is very powerful, I like that. =) very dark but still nice job :) huggles!

Ryan said...

:P thanks, I like the dark of the poem