This is a writers haven, or nest if you will

Friday, February 22, 2008

Stienz the Cat Burglar??

(my nickname is Stienz, don't ask why)

Today my friend, Mitchell came over to my house to work on a project, I know it can create a dull Friday but hell, it had to be done. When I climbed off my bus, Mitchell in tow my blood turned to ice as I stared upon my house.... I didn't have my key. I told Mitch and my sister, immediately my sister left for Kady's (her friend). But instead of finding another place to go (Mitch's parents weren't home either) we decided to find a way in. We tried all the lower widows, all were closed tight and locked. Me and Mitch were just about to give up and go somewhere else when a thought came to me.

My family all have a shower in the morning mom, dad, me, and my sister. So we leave the bathroom window open as we're at school, bad part is, the bathroom is upstairs, out of reach. I thought about looking for a ladder, but I didn't have one. Me and Mitch tried climbing my chimney, no dice. We tried piling up wood and lawn chairs, no dice. so the ladder idea came back into my mind.

We walked to Kady's hoping to get a ladder, she didn't have one. We used her phone instead and I called my nan and pop (they have keys) but they were in town... So once again I was forced to think, and think I did until another hopeless idea came to mind...

I phoned my friend Adam, hoping he'd have a ladder, he didn't, his neighbor had borrowed it. The ladder was locked in the neighbor's shed and the neighbor wasn't home, but Adam had another idea, he asked if I had a certain kind of windows in my basement, I agreed hopeful for an end to all this fussing around. He laughed and told me how to get in from outside, with a simple push in the right place and a pull in anotherthe window slid open, we had broken into my house.

Mitch was the first one in and, after landing on a tent (set up and all, my sister wanted to 'have outdoors in' for a sleepover) he cracked into fits of laughter, I joined in as i tumbled onto the tent a pole poking uncomfortably in my side. I closed the window and we worked, I hated it, so much labor for a simple History project...

4 comments:

Alev said...

Hahahaha! OMG! xD xD Glad it worked though. :D

Ryan said...

It did, but it was one of the weirdest things i ever had to do, I can only imagine how Mitch was feeling. :P

Poet In The Jar said...

Hahahaha! That post just made my day! Funny XD XD :D :D =D

Ryan said...

I loved that day, was awesome!!