This is a writers haven, or nest if you will

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Bloody Hell of a Nightmare

I usually don't take notice to dreams... well except those that come back again and again or stay in my mind with such persistence that I have to define it. Since I've been writing so much about vampires lately their gaunt and ghostly form has been haunting my sleep for a while, but still I was unmoved by th thoughts, all until the nightmare I will soon describe. It was all so vivid, so real, it haunts both waking and sleeping hours of my life with voracious intent, whenever I see a person from the dream I see their face, for a blinking moment, as the demons I've dreamed them as... its my living terror, now to the main event... The Nightmare:

I awoke (in my dreams, weird huh?) to see that it was supper time, I gasped and rushed out to the kitchen, must've been a weekend because my parents didn't seem to mind. We ate (Cant remember what) and I invited over my cousin Jeff, My friends Brad and Jon (we call him Jim, don't ask why) and a person I know but am not friends with Chris. My sister went to her friend Kady's house across the road.

They were all there in moments (hell, its a dream), we went outside. It was dark but we decided to go out into the path (into the woods) anyway (for what reason i have no idea) there wasn't much talking except teasing Jim for being short (especially by Jeff cuz in the dream he was stoned). But I kept hearing ruffling in the woods (just so you know it was either spring or summer by the look of things), I told Brad, Jeff and Jim, forgetting Chris at the time, they teased me for being easily afraid, which in truth I expected as a response so we continued.

We kept walking for a while until the ruffling got closer and we noticed Jim was gone, Jeff cursed loudly into the air, Both him and me were worried, but the others called out to him to drag himself outta the woods and stop trying to scare us. He didn't respond so we pretty much said "Fuck Him" and kept going. By now the ruffling started getting under Brad's skin, he was defensive of it but it was obvious he too was worried, Chris was still thick headed. As we reached the pond at the end of the path we saw that Jim was on the wharf in the company of a tall, muscular man. Jeff asked if it was Jim's boyfriend to no response, Jim turned and blood was running from his neck, the man turned to show that, contrasting to his pallid white features, his mouth was circled in a crimson slop of dripping blood. Jim called out for us to help him over and over as he advanced upon us, the man had disappeared. Brad started walking toward him.

I grabbed Brad's shoulder and he resisted, persistent to go to Jim's aid, i told Brad to come back but he told me to "fuck off its only Jim" and continued. At this time the tall man had began to come out of the woods advancing upon brad, I thought of going to help him but I was sour of his refusal and content to see him face the terror of his own making (thats how I knew it was a dream, I'd have to help Brad). The man pounced upon brad, sucking at the blood pouring delicately from the jugular vein of his neck. I turned disgusted and ran, as Jeff and Chris had already been wise enough to do.

When we reached my house once more, no lights were on and my dad was pacing the patio, mumbling unintelligible words, blood seeping from his neck as it had from Jim. Dad didn't pursue us as we ran for the basement door, a home to escape into. But Chris' sister (never met his sister before, this was a simple interpretation of thought, though in the dream I knew who it was) was laying beside the door, her neck too was bleeding, when Chris ran to her aid she pulled him down and bit him, with the fresh spew of blood, dad ran down from the patio. He chased me and Jeff constantly yelling at us that he "only wanted to talk" or asking us impatiently to "slow the fuck down". As we neared Kady's driveway Jeff stopped panting and as if he was Pete McVries from Stephen King's The Long Walk he told me he was tired and wanted to sit down, it'd all be over quick then. And then dad had him, Tearing into his neck with the vicious intensity of need, Jeff smiled at me all the while, it was a twisted, demented smile that will haunt me always.

I ran without pursuit to Kady's front door, knocking and panting and screaming all at once, Kady's mom answered, blood pouring from her neck, Jim and Brad and the strange man were all there, calling my name, telling me how good it would feel, then Emily (my sister) walked out from behind them, tears of crimson falling from a gaping hole in her neck, her voice was weak and fearful, but inhuman and forced she said: "They're going to hurt me, dont let them hurt me! I need you!" and the dream ended.

I awoke in a cold sweat and have been taunted by this vision every moment, for a whole week.

8 comments:

Alev said...

Yikes :S Who wouldn't be affected by such a horrible nightmare?? But I'm sure it's effect will wear off in a few days. :) Maybe what you write these days does affect you, try not to write scary stuff in the mean time. :D

Ryan said...

lol, no fun in writing things that dont boil your blood and chill your bones, I need to keep going with this project its so intriguing to me, though I fear the result if I continue I just cant stop.

An addition to my post: Today people who weren't in my dream I saw with blood pouring from their necks for just a jolting scream of a moment, scared me stiff, it did, but all the same these visions strangely intrigue me....

Alev said...

Wow, then you're asking for it. :S xD xD :D :)

Ryan said...

I guess so, but the story is getting interesting, I cant just leave it, I mean I'm bringing three characters back from the dead.. Mike, Woden and Miranda

Alev said...

Well, good luck with it then, can'T wait to read it. :)

Ryan said...

thanks Alev, I'll do as much as I can as soon as I can :D

Poet In The Jar said...

Wow. I'm really sorry to hear about your bad dream, Raves. I know how it can chase you around. Did you know it was a dream when you were in it? That ought to have made it slightly easier. But what do I know? I've never known the feeling that "this is too strange, it must be a dream". To me, it's always so real, that there's no use in questioning, somehow I just know it's happening for real. While of course it isn't.
Talk if you want, I'm like the nightmare expert. :P

Ryan said...

it was too real... almost as if it truly WAS happening. I've always felt as if i'm in a dream when i have one, but not this time, this one nearly killed my mind...