This is a writers haven, or nest if you will

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Getting Down With the Sickness

So far this week I've gotten two days off school because of snowstorms and I'm LOVING it! Getting to stay home, slide and throw snowballs into my sister's face while she makes snow angels in fresh powdery snow. But along with these days off has been a problem, a problem half of Newfoundland is facing.

The Common Cold!!!

I caught it last weekend, right after my birthday party and I've suffered its terrible talons ever since. I've been blowing my nose in blustery winds for a whole week! This is abnormal because I'm one of those people who almost NEVER get sick, maybe once a year, but other than that NEVER. But now I'm suffering, my throat is sore and scabbed, the voice I'm speaking with is much to raspy to be recognizable as my own and I'm pale as the snow that surrounds me. I hate this! I can barely enjoy the beauty of winter with this malady, and as I walk around i see that such problems are not for me alone, my dad, my mom, my friends, my nan and my pop have it, only my sister remains among several other survivors but it will reach her too, it is only a matter of time.

But for now I embrace it, what other options do I have? I've simply been getting worse, never better. My only choice is to Get Down With the Sickness.

5 comments:

Alev said...

Awwww, get well real soon! :D

Ryan said...

Thanks Alev!

Poet In The Jar said...

Ohhh so sorry to hear that you're ill! My mum has this miracle cure for soar throats, I guarantee you it works, I use it every time. You put a cup of orange juice in the microwave for like a minute and a half, then drop a, what do you call it? Like this pill you take for soar throats, and it's often like mint or eucalyptus taste? Anyway you put one in there and drink the whole cup. Especially the bottom part which is kinda grows (warm mixing with cold), but I promise you'll feel better after having it done =D I've prevented lots of colds this way and unlike you, I'm the type of person who's constantly sick XD XD XD get well soon!! :D

Ryan said...

Thanks I'll put this into my mind and never forget it, sounds awesome! thanks Becca, I'll try that ASAP

Ryan said...

Just to say it worked! No more sore throat, a bit of a runny nose still but hell my throat is all better!!!