This is a writers haven, or nest if you will

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Cake and Constantly Crashing Computers

I haven't been around for a while which in my opinion isn't acceptable. I made a commitment by creating this blog and I believe that entitles me to the responsibility of posting every now and then without the propaganda that seems to be blocking the page to which I was previously watching. Today I have much to talk about so get your ears and eyes ready, for this'll be a longer post than is usual for me :)

Firstly I must state the main reason as to why I haven't been around lately, the computer, it wasn't preforming up to snuff. Which, in turn, drove me dad into craziness that his beloved child of constant, tedious strain wasn't the embodiment of perfection. So he overclocked until it crashed, and it crashed and it crashed some more. Eventually he realized he was doing more harm than help so.. FINALLY he got some new stuff. Usually I'd be overjoyed that games'd work better and *gasp* no crashing! But alas everything good comes with a price. As dad bought a motherboard he found out he needed a new fan, making two days with no computer, we get the fan, everybody is happy, finally a chance to check emails and write some ideas that've been boiling within our minds for so long... or was that just me.. Anyway we find out that once again theres a problem the motherboard needs a place to put both hardrive and disc drive (dad's words not mine, I dont speak the language so this is a cheap translation) but it could only hold one, but we needed both. The disc thing was cheaper so we went another day without the computer, all the while my hair was getting tired or being pulled in strain as I watched and waited to return to the glorious novel me and Becca are co-writing. Now I'm back, pouring out thoughts into the blog and the novel, hopefully both will be regarded with the passion i pour into both.

Next HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!! Okay so it was two days ago but this is the best I can do, I was demoted to a notepad for days... I got an ipod nano (as if mom hid the fact well), an awesome t-shirt, a not so awesome shirt (family I haven't been around in a while) and money. I cant wait until my party, which I planned for this friday, I love having a party every year with my friends as we either watch a movie or fool around for hours, simple pleasures I guess. I treated myself to a trip to chapters, the bookstore and bought Salem's lot (stephen king) and Mr. B Gone (Clive Barker) two books that look to be incredible by two of the best authors EVER!

Also I must say about mine and Becca's book thats being written. I'm so excited, I love the rough design of a plot and intricate detail of a world we've so far created and i've made for myself the most dynamic character I've ever written, a tortured and slightly insane teen of the future... The best kind.. I'll have dillusions and ravings all taking place within the depths of his mind, along with the harrowing tale of his past and the twisted tale that will be traveled thoroughly by him, (I love alliterations, words that keep going in a sentence that all start with the same letter).

Also I promise to keep in touch with all you guys, this place has gotten empty without my posts and your comments.

2 comments:

Poet In The Jar said...

HAPPY B-DAY RAVES!!!!!!!! *hands piece of grandma's cake*
Hope you had a nice b-day!!

Wow, you being back to posting here again sorta made my day. I've missed reading what you write :D

Ipod nano, I got one of those, it's brilliant :P

And of course - you were awaiting this part - about our novel! I've actually started on my part! Well I started off by drawing my char, thought I'd dig in to her mind a bit by doing that. I'm gonna write the first chapter right now, while digging into something else, namely breakfast :D :D :D

I'm really looking forward to this project, it's gonna be so much fun. :D

Glad you're back! HUGGIES //becca

Ryan said...

I'm incredibly, beyond perception, HAPPY! I really want to see how you put your character into it, I'm curious and a slight bit impatient :p