This is a writers haven, or nest if you will

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Theatre of Sorrow

a theatre of sorrow
your heart I need to borrow
for mine was long broken
from words said and unspoken
Words in form of whisper and shout
tell us what to be insecure about
what we wear who we hold
and those special things left untold

A theatre of sorrow
I hope to leave tomorrow
but such promises faded to past
to which I dread will not last
I forget who I am
and stand alone again
surround by many
but never accompanied by any

A theatre of tears
insecurities and fears.
All that I wish to shed
while all is left unsaid
I want to speak up by my voice falls to whisper
in this world of sadness I just want to lean in and kiss her...

A theatre of fears
when nobody cares.
Stand alone, wish for more
stand together, swim for shore.
We're alone wherever we stand
love and promises naught but sand.
Why do we waste our time
on all these unforgotten crimes

I'm standing in a theatre full of friends
hoping, waiting for it all to end.
To find whats true, unhidden and clean
to find what will never exist but hopes to be seen.

6 comments:

Amin hosseini nasab said...

wow, it is amazing. its the best ive read from you so far, it blew mw away, i could say its one of the few poems i find amazing.. best poem ever.

Ryan said...

WOW! Thanks amin!

Poet In The Jar said...

Agreeing with Amin. I can't even put in words how much I like this poem! One of your very best, very metaphorical but still so straight-to-the-point... never feels stiff or anything. It's stunning, Raven, I bow to you. :)

Ryan said...

this poem holds much significance also, linked to depression (as if it wasn't obvious).

Poet In The Jar said...

I agree, the theme is very dark and holds many layers, still it leaves room for interpretation. All woven together in a nicely flowing fashion. What looks good at first glance here also has that deeper meaning. If you get what I mean? I think it's cool to find all this in one poem. Also, the way you use metaphors is remarkably prominent.

Ryan said...

:D Thanks thats beautiful becca