This is a writers haven, or nest if you will

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Laugh Now

Laugh now as I have lost
the bet to which you made,
Laugh now for you have cost
my cocky serenade.

But in this opera of importance
dont waste your time in laughing
for if so, victory will be in past tense
and the laugh will rise from me.

Laugh now as I have failed
the bet to which we competed
Laugh now, the ship has sailed
and in our race I am defeated.

But in this Symphony of intensity
dont waste your time in laughing
for if so its all in obscenity
and the laugh will rise from me.

Laugh now but never later
for soon I will have won.
See you later alligator
as I race into the sun.

But in this concert, as you lay deaf
dont was your time in laughing
for this time as I save my breath
the laugh will rise from me!

3 comments:

Alev said...

Starts so depressing then ends with a great confidence!! Loved it! Great work! Though I gotta say, the "see you later alligator" line was funny. :> :D

Ryan said...

Thanks so much

I also loved the line "see you later alligator", I just had to put it down when it came to my mind.

Poet In The Jar said...

TOP FIVE EVER!

It RULES!

Wow, deeply impressed. Terrific work!