This is a writers haven, or nest if you will

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Fair Enough

First things first I went to my friend Greg's party, it was great overall, but the interest of my post doesn't lay in the events of merriment but the problems that ensued when the cake was placed safely into our tummies and the rides were heading to pick us up...

My dad was coming from work and was going to get me and Jim and drive us both home, we were both supposed to wait at the bottom of the hill because he didn't know where he was going... Fair enough.

Jim's mom showed up around 10, to pick up Jim, despite being told firmly by her son that she didn't have to. Jim went with her and I was to wait alone... Fair enough

I strode to the bottom of the hill, alone and without anything to keep me busy, no paper, no books, no MP3... Fair enough

I waited and waited, dad must be running late.... I really had to pee.... no woods in sight.... Fair Enough

I see dad's car, one of the side mirrors are gone so its easy to spot, no doubting it thats dad, driving into the wrong road alongside this one, ignoring my flailing arms and my yells... he's most likely cursing on my absence, wondering how he'll find me as I stand so close... FAIR ENOUGH

I run after the car, my mind cursing aloud as I ran, dad went slow but still I wasn't as fast as a damned car, my legs got weak but I ran... why did this hill have to be so tall, so steep... why was dad so stupid, then he began to slow down, he had lost his patience with driving, he was looking for a driveway to turn around in Fair Enough...

As he stops I catch up I see dad FINALLY notice me, when he rolls down the window I gave him an earful for being so annoying, but still I wasn't cruel, simply stating that he drove right past me, he laughs and we drive home... finally, fair enough.

PS: I got new results on my blood tests and they were NOT good... They came out in favor of the disease but still I must have my final run on the tests.... On Friday I'll be sitting in the hospital at nine, I'll have a blood test. Then I'll be administered the medicine for the disease, another blood test to see how it effects me. Then I wait around for FOUR hours as the medicine wears off and have ANOTHER test.... no school on Friday I guess :D I'll probably have to bring a book and some paper :)


PSS: I cant keep the text small sooo.....

2 comments:

Alev said...

OMG, that's bad! Sounds like a bad joke really. But funny though. :D

Yikes. :S Sorry about the blood tests... :( I hope things will work out for you this time. :) It's a great idea to take a book and some paper along, four hours of waiting can just kill you. :S A great opportunity to get creative. I wish you GOOD LUCK with the upcoming tests. I'm holding my thumbs for you! :D :) Make sure to let us know what happens. :)

Ryan said...

I wouldn't dare keep you from such knowledge Alev. I cant wait until then in truth so I can read and write and miss school all day :)